Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety
The Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS) is a statewide patient safety coalition founded in 2000. MAPS members include more than 50 public-private health care organizations, including strategic partners such as the Minnesota Hospital Association, Minnesota Medical Association, Minnesota Department of Health, Stratis Health and Minnesota Medical Insurance Exchange (MMIC) Group.
MAPS actively provides support to stakeholders to enable them to provide care that is:
- safe from avoidable harm;
- coordinated across transitions/settings;
- an environment where patients are knowledgeable and active participants in their care; and
- care in a transparent and safe culture.
MAPS offers two DVDs on patient safety to orient clinicians and leaders to the field of patient safety.
- Patient Safety 101 topics include: the epidemiology of harm, definitions, measures, human factors, and the design of safe systems.
- Patient Safety 102 includes the cultural elements of a successful patient safety program. Topics include patient safety culture, Just Culture, patient engagement, health literacy and the role of leadership.
Order the Patient Safety 101 and 102 DVDs.