The most up-to-date
information about COVID-19 is available on the MDH COVID-19 website and the CDC COVID-19 website.
What MHA is doing
- On March 25, 2020, MHA sent a letter to the Minnesota Department of Human Services regarding regulatory relief.
- On March 17, 2020, MHA sent a letter to Gov. Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health urging the postponement of elective/non-emergent surgeries and procedures in all facilities licensed for surgery statewide to conserve supplies and equipment and protect the health care workforce.
- On March 17, 2020, MHA sent a letter to the Minnesota Department of Health outlining suggestions of regulatory relief related to the COVID-19 response.
- On March 13, 2020, MHA sent a letter to Gov. Walz, urging strong public recommendations regarding social distancing.
- On March 4, 2020, Dr. Rahul Koranne, president and CEO, MHA, testified at Minnesota House and Senate hearings. Read testimony.
- Since January 2020, MHA has partnered with MDH to host weekly update calls on COVID-19.
With questions, contact Jennifer Schoenecker, senior director of quality and patient safety, MHA, 651-603-3507.
Minnesota’s health care coalitions
MHA partners with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to administer the Healthcare Preparedness Program (HPP) grant. These federal funds are provided to health care coalitions to help them prepare for and respond to disasters and emergencies.
Minnesota recognized the need for better coordination among health care, public health, emergency medical services and other key emergency response partners. In response, the state formed eight regional multidisciplinary planning and response groups called health care coalitions. These are groups of health care, public safety and public health partners that join forces for the common cause of making their communities safer, healthier and more resilient.
Find out more about resources, programs, coalition membership and contact information on the MDH website.